Fissures are often confused with Piles. Anal Fissures are Linear Tears caused in the lining of the anus due to Trauma or injury, which causes the stretching of the Mucosa of the Anal canal. Fissures resemble a paper cut. There are two types of Fissures.
- Acute Anal fissures which have a sudden onset and don't last longer than 6 weeks. They are very common and usually heal on their own with self-care.
- Chronic ones last longer than 6 weeks, may need medicine or surgery to help them heal.
What are the Fissures Symptoms?
- Symptoms of Fissures are similar to that of piles.
- Sharp Pain while passing stools & long deep burning sensation
- Bright Red Blood with the stools or on the toilet paper
- A visible crack in the skin around the anus
- Itching or irritation around the anus
- A small lump or a skin tag on the skin near the anal fissure
- Pus discharge from the fissure